PMPP (Persatuan Memancing Pulau Pinang) members will be granted a one day permit (on successful application) to fish at the Teluk Bahang Dam once a month. This program will at least be running for the following 3 months.
Do take advantage of this great opportuinity! There are big ones in there :)
The 3 confirmed sessions open to all PMPP members at the moment:
- Sunday, 8th July 2012
- Sunday, 12th August 2012
- Sunday, 9th September 2012
(up to 75 first-come-first-served applicants per session)
Not a member? not a problem! Just join up with the PMPP! There will be more such future events.
More info on joining below.
The fishing permit, which is granted by PBAPP (PBA Pulau Pinang), will also be subject to the following conditions:
- No water pollution in the area during the visit.
- Safety rules and regulations are to be adhered to as and should it be advised by PBAPP
- PBAPP will not be held responsible for damages resulting from accidents that occur during these fishing events. A compulsory indemnity form will be provided for every applicant.
- Fishing is limited to members of the Persatuan memancing Pulau Pinang (PMPP) only.
- A fee of Rm5.00 for participants will be imposed and paid to PBAPP except for Marshals and PMPP committee members.
- Boats and light water craft are allowed in provided they are not petrol powered. Electric thrusters are allowed.
- It is mandatory that all anglers fishing from boats are to use lifejackets.
- Fishing is limited to 75 anglers at Teluk Bahang Dam.
- All anglers must report to the guardhouse at the Teluk Bahang Dam before the fishing event begins.
- PBAPP reserves the right to eject anyone not wearing any approved tag.
- Entries (with signed indemnity forms) submitted after deadline (5 days prior to event) will be rejected.
- Catch and release policy will be implemented on indigenous Species Of fish.
- Alien Species of fish may be taken away for culling.
So how do i submit my application and pay?Drop an email to Edgar 'Jobe' Gasper (email: email@example.com) with the subject titled "PMPP TELUK BAHANG FISHING APPLICATION"
Be sure to include your name and contact information.
You will be given an email reply with the forms that you can fill in, and also the instructions to complete your application. Please allow 24 hours for the reply.
If you are not an existing PMPP member, you will also need to submit an application to join the PMPP.
Please state in your email if you will need this done as well.
Walk in application options will also be available and updated here when the venue is confirmed.
Of course, if you have any questions regarding the Teluk Bahang dam fishing permit or regarding PMPP, feel free to put it in your email as well.
Looking forward to hearing from you folks!